Maya/VRay Automotive CGI Artist
gloss postproduction is a creative retouching and CGI studio with offices in New York, Los Angeles, Hamburg & Berlin. We are looking for a talented Maya/VRay CGI Artist to join our CGI team.
Using Maya/VRay to setup realistic camera, lighting, shaders for automotive scenes. The artist must also have excellent compositing skills using render layers in Photoshop. Ability to problem solve and have initiative are required. Have a thorough knowledge of CGI techniques (see below) and take direction from CGI Supervisor/Project Manager and/or Client. Also be able to handle self supervision when needed.
Strong desire to share and apply new knowledge and techniques with CGI team.
- Expert in Maya/VRay in an automotive environment, digital and print level
- Strong Data Prep, camera set up, shader creation and rendering knowledge
- Strong lighting skills (physical lights, domes and HDR Light Studio)
- Experience with Render layers and how to manage them in photoshop
- 3D modeling skills are preferred
- Special Effects such as particles and water droplets setup skills would be greatly preferred
- Agency experience with automotive configurators are a plus
- Compositing skills in software such as After Effects and/or Nuke are a plus
- Knowledge of other 3D packages such as 3DS Max or Modo greatly appreciated
- Experienced eye for light, shade, color and details
- Good sense of art direction
- Team player
- Sense of humor
- Health Insurance
- 401K plan with Company Contributions
- Paid vacation, holidays and sick leave
- Cell Phone
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!